Having online presence for your business is not just a competitive advantage these days, but a complete necessity. It is not enough to just be in the Web to generate more sales; it’s imperative for netizens to find all the good reasons to check your website out, explore it, and then complete a transaction. You do not just want traffic; the goal is to secure conversions and ensure the positive experience of your website visitors so they will not only come back for new transactions, but also serve as your marketing “helpers.”
If your website is not getting the attention you want for business profit, and your understanding of online marketing trends is quite limited, don’t you stress out because Web experts have been kind enough to share some of their best tips on how to keep visitors on your website.
- Check your analytics for your bounce and click-through rates. The best starting point is to know the numbers and the reasons behind these numbers.
- Always remember that online users are visually stimulated; therefore, use impressive visual Web design components to effectively appeal to them. The following are your options:
- Slideshows. Not only do these present your offerings in an organized manner, but you also minimize the need for your visitors to manually view all the pictures (along with relative information) on their own. But make sure to utilize a good program and not to overuse this feature — just show it as one page so your visitors will not easily get tired of them.
- Videos. Statistics show that not only do these media establish relevance of offerings effectively, but Web users spend 100% more time on pages with videos on them. With this form of media, your website will engage visitors and convince them to act to the advantage of your business.
- Infographics. They are great tools for providing explanations and product descriptions so visitors can be better enlightened. Likewise, studies reveal that websites which use infographics grow in traffic at an average of 12% more than those that don’t.
- High-resolution professionally taken original pictures. People want clear pictures of items they may want to purchase, so high quality images can help them arrive at a buying decision much faster.
- Appropriate color scheme. This can support the overall image of your business and establish brand consistency.
- Post surveys. This will have your visitors involved right off the bat. What’s even more beneficial about this is that you can get their sentiments, which you can use as a basis for improvements to implement on the website. It’s important to mention as well that if you come up with smart questions, you can easily have your visitors exploring the other pages of the site.
- Encourage comments. According to online marketing specialists, this automatically assures visitors that the website is active and that should they have queries about anything, they are likely to be provided answers right away. Also, comments and ratings are great for SEO — they can improve page rankings as well as serve as social proof that can convince others to try your products and services out.
- Create well-designed landing pages. Make navigation a breeze by organizing information and strategically placing links to other informative pages such as the FAQ and Contacts pages. These will instantly improve your visitors’ experience on the site.
- Blog regularly. This type of content is also a great SEO tactic. It’s the perfect medium to really get the personality of the business across and update followers about the exciting developments within the business.
- Use online and email advertising creatively to improve click-through rates. Click through on website pages of other businesses can increase brand awareness and generate more organic traffic. Plus, it can line you up with online personalities that can reinforce your positive business image.